In order to apply, one must meet all the categories listed below:
- Be at least 18 years old, and
- Have a psychiatric diagnosis of a major mental illness, and
- Pose no threat to the safety of the larger clubhouse community.
Anyone meeting all the categories listed above may apply by submitting the following documents to our Enrollment Coordinator:
- A completed application
- A comprehensive psychosocial history, dated within the last year
- A psychiatric evaluation dated within the last year and,
- A physical examination dated within the last year.
Returning members are eligible to reapply as membership is a lifetime right. Returning members who have been away from the clubhouse for two or more years will need to provide updated documentation listed above.
If you have questions, or prefer to receive the application by mail, please contact the Sky Light Center Enrollment Coordinator at (718)-720-2585 ext. 200 from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. When mailing materials, please direct them to the Clerical Unit in care of Enrollment Coordinator. To fax materials, please use (718) 720-2601, and address to the Clerical Unit.
NOTE: If interested in applying to only Sky Light's Assisted Competitive Employment (A.C.E.) Program or Sky Light’s Supported Housing Program, please request an A.C.E. only or Supported Housing only application respectively.