Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
"Anonymous Use Information" may be automatically collected by the Website as you and others browse the webpages or utilize the services. Such information may include the identity of your internet service provider and its approximate geographic location including IP address, the operating system of your computer or mobile device, the type of web browser you are using, the identity of the website that referred you to our Website, the identity of the website you access upon leaving the Website, the time and date that you access the Website, and the webpages or content that you view on our Website. This information may be aggregated and utilized to analyze web traffic and usage, and to improve the design, content and performance of the Website.
"Personally Identifiable Information" is collected by the Website if you voluntarily subscribe to our services. Generally, you control the type and amount of information you provide to us when using the Website. You can browse many parts of our website to find out more about us without providing any Personally Identifiable Information. Our purpose in collecting Personally Identifiable Information is to provide you with information which we believe may be of interest to you.
We may contact you at the email address, which you provide to us in order to provide you with other information that you have chosen to receive. If you are receiving information from us and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our contact list by filling out our unsubscribe form. This request will be effective within a commercially reasonable time.
Personally Identifiable Information, as well as "Sensitive Personal Information" is also collected should you choose to download, complete and/or submit the application for membership ("application"). Such information collected by the application may include but is not limited to your social security number, income information, medical information and history, mental health information and drug or alcohol use history. Once an applicant is accepted as a member, or if an application is submitted in person , such information will also be governed by this policy.2
If you choose to make an online contribution to us, PayPal.com will collect information necessary to accept and process your donation and send you a receipt. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card information. In addition, we may use your Personal Information to send you information about the Center and our activities, unless you contact us at email@example.com and request that we not send you such information.
Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contact from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at (718) 720-2585:
- 1) See what data we have about you, if any.
- 2) Change/correct any data we have about you
- 3) Request the deletion of any data we have about you.
- 4) Express any concern you have about our use of your data.3
Our Website uses a standard Internet technology known as cookies, which are small data files that your browser stores on your computer or mobile device to record your preferences and to remember the information you have accessed or provided in the past. Cookies can contain information that includes a user ID. Cookies do not contain Personally Identifiable Information unless you have voluntarily provided it to us as described above. The "help" portion of the tool bar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access parts of the Website or certain functionality correctly or at all.
Sky Light Center utilizes reasonable and appropriate measures to safeguard any Personally Identifiable Information and Sensitive Personal Information you provide to us.4 Access to this information is restricted within our company to employees who have specific authorization.5 However, since no transmission or storage of electronic data is ever completely secure, we cannot warrant or guarantee that your information will never be released or used in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Sky Light Center does not disclose any user information other than in the following ways:
- Data Aggregation: Sky Light Center provides anonymous usage information, including statistics related to website traffic, aggregated customer demographics, and related information to third parties, such as advertisers. Personally Identifiable Information is not included in such data aggregation and information.
- Shared Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties: Sky Light Center may share Personally Identifiable Information with service partners or companies affiliated with us. in connection with the provision of specific services to users unless you instruct otherwise. We may sometime rent or exchange your personal information with other not-for-profit organizations for the purposes of raising funds, Such parties only receive information necessary to provide their respective services, and we require that these parties not use any such information for any purpose other than the provision of these services, and require them to comply with our privacy and security practices.